Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Near the end of the winter season.

Last posted in September, right when my busy season was about to start. And start it did, I had a wonderful Snowbird season this year, worked with a lot of old friends and made several new ones. Did things a little different this year; added 2 several hour walk in clinics.  Tried to pattern them after a doctor's clinic, you come in anytime during clinic hours and I'll try to fix whatever ails your swing.

The Saturday morning clinic at Longwood was expanded to 3 hours, plenty of time to work on several aspects of the game. We had short game areas, putting, and just about everything imaginable and of course everything was on video so the students could review later, good old YouTube!

The Academy @ Sunnybreeze was a new addition this year, the clinic hours were Thursday mornings from 8 AM to Noon. That's four hours to hit as many balls as you want, or as you can. The setting at the Academy is really very nice, we have 2 putting greens and chipping areas, a huge grass tee-box and a massive range with targets every 25 yards. The Academy is the new permanent setting for my golf school campus, this allows for multiple video sessions, 2 launch monitors and a variety of training aids. Also we are located on a great Old Florida golf course with 18 holes of championship play, and a 9 hole par three course to sharpen those scoring skills.

Well I suppose I have no excuse not to start working on my own game again. I did manage to end the winter season with a single digit handicap index, maybe by the start of the next winter season I can cut it in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment