Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 2

Lost 10 lbs this week, not too hard, except for the no alcohol part. I don't really miss starches or sugars.

Played in the Skins Game Wednesday morning, 2 skins and won both singles matches, felt pretty good. I could have scored lower but I made a couple of sloppy swings that cost me.  No penalty strokes, but way to many mistakes on what should have been easy shots.

Tee time was 8:20 AM and I lacked the discipline to get to the course early enough to warm up and get a feel for the swing and the greens. Where it really hurts me is on the approach shots and chips for the first few holes.

My swing thoughts for the round were pretty simple "Tic - Toc" which  is the tempo I want to feel, and keeping the trail wrist hinged back. PRESWING thoughts are more complex, because I haven't re-habituated the Natural Golf set-up.  "Weight under the inside of my ankle bones, spine tilt away from the target, shaft pointing to my lead arm pit and shoulders square to the target line. And more!"

Started working out this week. Nothing crazy, using a large workout ball and stretch cords. I do most of the exersizes seated on the ball to maximize balance and steady the core. I do full range movements with a medium resistance band. Also lots of turning movements.  The "Turn Turn" swing coach better be able to turn. My goal is to get to 45 minutes a night of resistance conditioning at a pace that is also cardio. Will add the "body blade" to the workout starting Monday. It has only been a few nights now but I am feeling better already!

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed, as well as envious!
    You could be a "role-model" after all! :-)
    I, on the other hand, have added somewhere around 15 to 20 lbs in the past month or so.
    Good for y0u, young Coach!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete